Bistro (Food Service) Supervisor
Do you love healthy, organic food?
Want to work in a fun environment that helps you grow and thrive?
Come to work at Nature's Fare Markets.
Grounded in an unshakeable commitment to sustainability,we offer the healthiest, natural and organic foods and supplements in seven communities in southern BC. In fact, our consistently high standards have earned us many awards and recognitions
None of this is possible without the family of people who work here. You’ll find that we’re a different kind of company: we put our employees’ needs first, encourage innovation and creativity, and have fun on the job. We offer highly competitive wages and great benefits including sweet staff discounts, educational opportunities and a health spending account.
Come and help us build a better world together. Let’s be better together.
We would love to hear from applicants who understand how to deliver great service and have fun doing work that matters. If you enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle, love organic and natural products and appreciate the opportunity to support other people’s health and wellbeing, we want to know more about you.
Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrées and an array of baked goods. And, of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Your passion for food makes you take pride in the service and products you serve.
· You have experience from and enjoy working in a vibrant retail environment.
· You are flexible and know how to execute action plans in a good way, you truly make things happen.
· Confident in approaching and talking to people in a friendly manner.
· Takes personal initiative.
· Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and organize individual work duties in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
· Food Safe Certified
· Maintain open and fluid communication with the bistro manager
· Promote a safety-first culture, as well as coach team members in ensuring routines and requirements are known and followed in all daily work.
· Assist the bistro manager to create task lists, priorities, and pace for the day in the bistro
· Keep the customer in focus and optimise sales and inspire our customers
· Ensuring the bistro is consistently, clean, tidy, attractive and inviting
· Ensure our products are in healthy condition and correctly priced
· Be passionate about the food we serve and sell, and actively learn about it and share the knowledge with customers and the team
· Assists in training of new team members
· Share your positive and friendly vibe with the team
· Ensure correct signage is being used
· Assist with recording, monitoring, and reporting spillage
· Place orders from suppliers and from our commissary kitchen as needed
· Maintain adequate stock levels of supplies
· Keep maintenance logs for all equipment and facilitate repairs when necessary
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive. Apply online today!
Nature's Fare Markets is an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. All applications will be reviewed and considered. We thank all applicants yet only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For other exciting opportunities, please visit our career page at https://www.naturesfare.com/join-our-team/