Vitamin Purchaser - Full Time
Do you love healthy, organic food?
Want to work in a fun environment that helps you grow and thrive?
Come to work at Nature's Fare Markets.
Our family-owned stores, grounded in an unshakeable commitment to sustainability, offer the healthiest, natural and organic foods and supplements in seven communities in southern BC. In fact, our consistently high standards have earned us many awards and recognitions
None of this is possible without the family of people who work here, full time and part time. You’ll find that we’re a different kind of company: we put our employees’ needs first, encourage innovation and creativity, and have fun on the job. We offer highly competitive wages and great benefits including sweet staff discounts, educational opportunities and a health spending account.
Come and help us build a better world together. Let’s be better together.
We would love to hear from applicants who understand how to deliver great service and have fun doing work that matters. If you enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle, love organic and natural products and appreciate the opportunity to support other people’s health and wellbeing, we want to know more about you.
· A passion for local, organic and sustainable food and natural supplements
· A desire to deliver great service in the retail and food service industry
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong work ethic and desire to contribute to people’s health and wellbeing
· Ability and desire to confidently lead by example and contribute to a positive, supportive working environment
· An affinity for our company’s core values and philosophy
· Ability to work in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
As a Vitamin Purchaser, you are responsible for placing orders with Nature’s Fare’s suppliers to ensure adequate stock levels for consumer demand. Working as part of a team, you create an inviting environment by keeping the department organized and items stocked for the best customer experience. This position participates in ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure they are familiar with new products and are aware of product features at Nature’s Fare Markets. Although the purchaser and the Vitamin Manager work as a team, decisions regarding the operation of the department ultimately lie with the Vitamin Manager. Other duties include:
· Become familiar with department locations and where product is stocked
· Use organizational skills to efficiently and accurately use resources to purchase only the necessary amount of product
· Create a useful purchase order schedule to keep track of all orders that must be placed throughout the month
· Use and understand purchase orders
· Use and understand movement reports
· Understand buying requirements and terms used by Corporate Purchasing
· Correctly use the Symbol device to expedite ordering
· Create and place Inter Store orders when necessary
· Use Sale Sheets from Corporate Purchasing to recognize and order in accordance with upcoming sales and promotions
· Understand and abide by buy in dates
· Effectively buy product for sale ends and displays
· Mitigate the effects of supplier out of stocks, errors in shipping, or incorrect pricing by maintaining communication with vendor representatives and Corporate Purchasing
· Adjust orders for customer special orders, holds or rain checks.
· See Purchasing Handbook in the Procedures Manual for further information
· Strong organizational skills
· Previous experience in purchasing is an asset
· Passion for natural and organic industry
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based, family-owned company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive. Apply online today!
For other exciting opportunities, please visit our career page at https://www.naturesfare.com/join-our-team/
All applications will be reviewed and considered, but only successful candidates will be contacted.