Assistant Store Manager
About Our Company
Voted Retailer of the Year by the Canadian Health Food Association an unprecedented six times, Nature’s Fare is an innovative company that encourages employees to grow and thrive within our organization.
We are proud to be the first retailer in Canada to earn B Corp status (www.bcorporation.net
We offer highly competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, best in industry staff discount, education opportunities to name a few.
Who We Are Looking For:
We would love to hear from applicants who are driven by a deep sense of purpose and possess a quality driven leadership style. If you value a healthy and active lifestyle, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the desire to make a difference to people’s health and wellbeing, you are the candidate we are looking for! If you have the ability and yearning to engage the hearts and inspire the minds of your team and you have a passion for organic and natural products then continue reading!
What We Are Looking For:
· Passion for organic food and natural medicine and love the retail and grocery industry.
· Outstanding interpersonal ability and superior customer service skills.
· Strong work ethic and sense of commitment.
· Ability and desire to lead by example and create a positive, supportive working environment for your team.
· An affinity for our products, Core Values, and company philosophy.
· Passion for the community.
· A proven track record in decision making, critical thinking, and analysis.
· Strong leadership qualities and team building skills.
· HR experience including hiring, development, and performance management.
· Excellent verbal, listening, and communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task, delegate responsibilities, prioritize, and organize effectively.
· Proactive in all aspects of the job.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
· Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft
· Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the business, including mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, and possible long/unusual hours.
· Demonstrated creativity in promoting sales, merchandising, and/or marketing.
· 5 plus years of experience in a management position in a customer facing industry.
· Strong financial acumen and budgeting skills.
· Demonstrated strong operational execution skills.
· Strong understanding of inventory management.
Alongside the Store Manager you will communicate, represent, and uphold Nature’s Fare Markets’ Core Values. You will work with the Store Manager to build and sustain a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale. You will assume total responsibility for the store in the absence of the Store Manager, assist with all aspects of store operations and be ready and willing to jump in to help in any department as needed. You will assist in interviewing, hiring, training, developing, and leading staff members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team with minimal turnover. You will provide open, consistent, and useful communication to Staff regarding storewide & company goals, news, trends, and events. You will ensure that every customer experience is outstanding and work with your teams to ensure store merchandising is inviting to customers and drives sales. You will successfully complete all required internal training and be open to additional duties that may arise.
We want to help you make a difference. We provide a supportive learning environment that will inspire and motivate you to grow as an individual and succeed at life! Apply on line today!
We will review all applications, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.