About Our Company
Voted Retailer of the Year by the Canadian Health Food Association an unprecedented six times, Nature’s Fare is an innovative company that encourages employees to grow and thrive within our organization.
We are proud to be the first retailer in Canada to earn B Corp status (www.bcorporation.net
We offer highly competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, best in industry staff discount, and education opportunities, to name a few.
Who We Are Looking For:
We would love to hear from applicants who are driven by a deep sense of purpose and possess a quality driven leadership style. If you value a healthy and active lifestyle, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the desire to make a difference to people’s health and wellbeing, you are the candidate we are looking for! If you have the ability and yearning to engage the hearts and inspire the minds of your team and you have a passion for organic and natural products then continue reading!
The Produce Manager is responsible for the overall appearance, efficiency, and profitability of the produce department. This includes ensuring a clean and well stocked department, maintaining stock levels and placing orders representative of the department’s needs. The Produce Manager will be the first point of contact for local farmers and will be responsible for creating mutually beneficial relationships with local farmers.
What We Are Looking For:
· Passion for organic food and natural medicine and love for the retail and food service industry.
· Outstanding interpersonal ability and exceptional communication skills.
· Strong work ethic and sense of commitment.
· Ability and desire to confidently lead by example and create a positive, supportive work environment for your team.
· An affinity for our products, Core Values, and company philosophy.
· High energy with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
· 3 years minimum managing people
· Industry relevant experience is required
· College education in related field an asset
· Experience and success in mentoring, leadership, and teamwork
· Set an example for all other department staff members by showing exemplary customer service, strong work ethic, and dedication to the industry
· Maintain department cleanliness at all times, ensuring that shelves are clean, well stocked, and faced
· Ensure optimal levels of inventory by making smart purchasing decisions, analyzing top seller reports, using movement reports and collaborating with other Produce Managers
· Maintain familiarity with vendor contact information, purchasing requirements, and products
· Preserve a balance between established products and the need to stock products that are new and trendy
· Ensure there is a variety of produce items offered on a regular basis
· Undertake sales analysis using movement reports, Top 30 reports, anecdotal knowledge and insights from other Produce Managers. Use this analysis to merchandise, feature items, or delist poor sellers
· Become familiar with products featured in Nature’s Fare’s bi-weekly flyer, the Good Life Magazine, or any supplier driven advertising methods. Ensure adequate stock and appropriate display of said product.
· Collaborate with suppliers, Nature’s Fare Head Office and other stores in the planning and organizing of events
· Monitor department sales and employ tactics like encouraging selling, creating engaging displays, using in store sales, etc. to increase sales
· Merchandize the department in a way that promotes sales and creates a visibly appealing layout
· Update the look of the wet rack as necessary
· Ensure that regular date checking is being completed according to pre-set schedule
· Monitor the proper rotation of the bakery section and make necessary ordering choices to ensure that only strong sellers are stocked
· Work in collaboration with the store’s manager and assistant manager to monitor department staffing requirements, including the creation of department schedules, Requests for Time Off, staff to customer ratio, etc
· Make certain that all department staff are trained using Nature’s Fare Markets training material and according to the schedule set out in the training outline.
· Effectively demonstrate leadership skills in the forms of delegating and coaching
· Uphold excellent communication skills and encourage open communication between all department members
We want to help you make a difference. We provide a supportive learning environment that will inspire and motivate you to grow as an individual and succeed at life! Apply on line today!
We will review all applications, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.